Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Ms. October's Pin-Up Challenge - Halloween Spooktacular! Day 3

Hi All!  Welcome to my Halloween Spooktacular! Day 2.  Why a Halloween Spooktacular?  I love Halloween, I wanted to challenge myself to get more crafty and to actually post a project on my blog for 31 straight days, which is something I have never done.  That's right, I'm counting down the days until it's Halloween!

Sharon, Ms. October at Bombshell Stamps has issued her Pin-Up Challenge and it's to use the colors black, orange, lime green and purple in a Halloween creation.  If you would like to play along with this challenge, all you have to do is create a project in the theme and to use your Bombshell Stamps!  You can check out more info on the Bombshell Stamps Blog (click here for link).

I created a 3D Halloween Lantern for this challenge using the Muertos Doll Skeleton stamp from Bombshell Stamps. 
I stamped out the Muertos Doll skeleton and colored him with Spectrum Noir Markers.  Then I attached him together with glue instead of making him moveable with brads.  When standing straight this skeleton stands tall at 7 inches!  
This cool 3D lantern is from SVG Cuts "Spooky Soiree" SVG Kit.  The finished lantern is 8 inches tall.  The leaves are from SVG Cuts "Acorn Autumn" Kit, and the chain from the "Gothic Flourishes" Collection.
And here it is lit up with a battery operated tea light candle. I actually used 2, a small and medium sized one.
Check out the Bombshell Stamps blog to see what the rest of the Pin-Up's and DT gals created for this challenge! 

Thanks for stopping by!
- Kim

Supplies:
-Bombshell Stamps: Muertos Doll Stamp Set
-Silhouette Cameo
-SVG Cuts: Spooky Soiree SVG Kit (lantern), Acorn Autumn SVG Kit (leaves), Gothic Flourishes Collection (chain)
-Spectrum Noir markers
- Tsukineko Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black
- Cardstock: K & Company - Kelly Panacci Specialty Paper (old stack from my stash); Bazzill cardstock (black)
- Vellum: Grafix - Color Assortment Pack (purple)

Linking this up to:  
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes!
Make It Monday #160

2 comments:

  1. This is so much fun!

    Come visit me and check out other events and parties this month. I'd love to have you join us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super rad! I love to see the things you make with the doll, they are always so clever! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete