Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Jack-O-Lantern Cards - Halloween Spooktacular Day 9!

Hey Everyone!  Day 9 is upon us!  Bring out the Jack-O-Lanterns!

I love Jack-O-Lanterns and seeing them lit up at night.  So needless to say yesterday when I saw this 'Realistic Jack-O-Lantern' file by Jennifer Wambach in the Silhouette Online Store, I just knew I needed to make a Jack-O-Lantern shaped card with it.  Using my Silhouette Cameo, that's what I did.
I was iffy on what cardstock colors I wanted to use, so I actually made two cards.
All of the cardstock used for these cards are by Bazzill, but I went with a brown-beige color cardstock for the ribs and a deep orange cardstock for the pumpkin. 
 Using the same deep orange cardstock as the first card, I used it on the ribs above. Then I used a lighter orange cardstock for the pumpkin.  
To make this jack-o-lantern into a card, I duplicated the base of the pumpkin, flipped it so it was mirrored, over-lapped it slightly with the first base and then welded it together. Once I cut it out, I scored it down the middle. 

Hope you enjoyed my Jack-O-Lantern cards!   

Have you carved your pumpkins yet?  Let me know in the comments below!
- Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment