Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Fabulous Friday Tutorial at Bombshell Stamps - Icon Stamp Flag Embellishment

Hi Everyone!

 Kim here with a Fabulous Friday Tutorial!  I have been making my own embellishments lately to go with the cardstock I already have.  I love the embellishments that are part of new cardstock lines but unfortunately some of them get quite pricey.  Recently, I broke out my Melt Art Melting Pot (which has been collecting dust unfortunately) and made these washi tape flags and small "bling" dots to use on my card. 
  First I took out the Melting Pot and set it to the UTEE setting.  Then using a small scoop that came with the Flex, I added a half scoop of UTEE flex, let it melt down a little and then added in 4 scoops of  UTEE (which is Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel - for those who don't know).  Be careful when using the melting pot because it sure does get hot!
Next, I took a piece of washi tape and wrapped it around a toothpick. (Note: You can remove the sharp ends with strong scissors or a saw, I opted to leave mine as is.) And then using scissors cut out a V for the flag.
Using Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black stamp a small icon stamp onto the flag.

I was getting a little impatient and didn't want to wait for the ink to dry so I carefully used a heat gun to dry the icon stamp.  Then I dipped the flag into the UTEE so all of it was coated and let some of the excess UTEE run off.  Then I set it down onto the non-stick craft sheet to dry.
After it's completely dry and no longer hot, you can trim off any excess UTEE from the flag if you need to.  This is a great way to use those icon stamps to compliment the Bombshell Stamp set you are using.
Since I had a lot of clear UTEE left in the melting pot, I added in some UTEE Brightz Powder in Green Zinnia and mixed it in until I had a green color that I liked. 
Then using one end of a tooth pick I dipped it into the UTEE and drizzled it onto the non-stick craft sheet until it formed a circle.
Most of these are big enough so that you can stick a small glue dot on the flat side.  I used them on my card in the corners. 
Supplies:
-Bombshell Stamps - Ahoy Sailor (Star icon), Homeward Bound (skull & crossbone icon), Muertos Doll (for card)
-Melt Art Melting Pot by Ranger
-UTEE Flex, UTEE Clear, UTEE Green Zinnia by Ranger
-Nonstick Craft Sheet - Ranger
-Melt Art Kool Toolz (non stick heat resistant spatula and tweezer/spoon) by Ranger & Suze Weinberg
-Toothpicks
- Washi Tape
- Archival Ink in Jet Black - Ranger
- Embossing Heat Gun
-also used on card -  Twine, paper by Authentique (Thrilling Collection); Spectrum Noir Markers, Tsukineko Memento Ink in Tuxedo; Gel Pen

If you have any questions please ask in the comment section.
Have you tried making any embellishments with the Bombshell icon stamps?

Happy Crafting!
- Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment