Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Home Decor Challenge - Craftwell DT

Hi Everyone!
This is my 2nd blog post today.  Please hop along with the Bombshell Stamps Blog Hop on the post below this one, or click here!  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Home Decor using the eBosser!
 
We were challenged this week to make home decor items. The eBosser and Lawn Fawn's Collection Kits helped me dress up a vase and a cute little watering can to bring some spring into my home! I bought both the vase and watering can at my local dollar store. See below for the how to on each one.

For the vase, I cut a piece of paper from Lawn Fawn's Pink Lemonade Collection Kit to 5 inches x 12 inches, wrapped it around the vase so it overlapped, and adhered the ends with velcro strips (this way I can change the vase wrap for each season!). Using my eBosser, I die cut an oval with a Sizzix Framelits oval die and embossed it with Craftwell's Gracious Argyle Embossing Folder.

I cut a strip of yellow polka dot paper to 11 inches x 1 1/2 inches, embossed it in the eBosser with Craftwell's Regency Embossing Folder and attached both ends to the back of the oval with velcro strips. I put the banner sticker onto white cardstock, fussy cut it out, and attached it to the bottom of the oval. For the leaves, I used Lawn Fawn's Blissful Botanicals Lawn Cuts and die cut them onto white cardstock with the eBosser. I stamped the leaves using Lawn Fawn's Blissful Botanicals Stamps onto the diecut leaves and colored them in with Copic Markers. I also stamped flowers and butterflies from the same stamp set onto white cardstock, colored them in with Copic markers, cut them out and attached them with the leaves onto the embossed oval. I used pop dots underneath the butterflies and banner to add some dimension. Now all that's left for me to do is to add some white tulips or daisies and this spring vase is all ready!

For the watering can, I tied 2 pieces of pink ric rac around the watering can. I then used my eBosser to diecut two different sized circles (Sizzix Circle Framelits dies), I attached the bigger circle onto one of the sides of the watering can and added a pop dot to attach the smaller circle on top. Then I adhered a flower sticker with a pop dot onto the smaller circle. Next, I put the banner sticker onto a piece of cardstock, fussy cut it out and attached it underneath the bigger circle. Then I stamped 2 butterflies from Lawn Fawn's Blissful Botanicals Stamps, colored them with Copic Markers, cut them out and attached them onto the watering can with a pop dot. I used the Lawn Fawn Collection Kit,
Daphne's Closet, for this project because I really loved the way the colors matched the blue watering can. 
Have a crafty day! Happy Spring!
- Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment