Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cherry Blossom Necklace - Craftwell DT

Hi All!

I recently purchased some dies and embossing folders that are made to etch and emboss metal charms.  I am super excited to be able to use them in my eBosser!  I used to make jewelry a lot, but a few years ago I stopped because I didn't have much time to anymore.  I have a feeling I will be making a lot more time for it in the future now.

 
Supplies:
-eBosser by Craftwell
-Cherry Blossom Garden Vintaj DecoEmboss folder by Sizzix
- jewelry pliers - flat nose/needle nose; wire cutters to cut chain
- chain in antique brass
- 34mm Natural Brass Circle Charm Blank By Vintaj
- Two-Hole Metal Hole Punch
- Vintaj Metal Reliefing Block 
- 10 jump rings
- clasp


Using a metal hole punch, I punched three holes across from the hole that was already on the metal charm blank. 
Next, I embossed the metal blanks with my eBosser using the combination (starting from the bottom) D, C, embossing folder with charm blank inside it, A on top.  
Then I buffed the metal charms with the reliefing block.  
I also buffed the debossed (back) side of the charms.  This side looks really cool too, so it can also be used as the front if you'd like!
I then attached jump rings and chain to the bottom of the charm. (6 inches, 6 1/2 inches, and 7 inches)
Then I attached 6 1/2 inches of chain and jump rings to the top of each charm and added a clasp.
 
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial!  If you have any questions please leave a comment below.

- Kim



3 comments:

  1. WoWza - that is very cool. Superb necklace :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! Thank you for the tutorial pics too. :) I'll definitely be making some charms since I have a few of these deco emboss folders and blanks. I love that the eBosser can handle any folder or die out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How kewl is that? I have never even heard of ebosser - this is awesome and your necklace is super.

    ReplyDelete