Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Stashing Through The Snow...

Happy Winter!!!
 
It's been cold here on the East Coast this past week, and we even had some snow! Even though I dislike driving in it, the snow did help get me into the winter spirit. I grabbed some hot chocolate and got to some more wintery craftin'. I stumbled upon this awesomely cute new kit at Lettering Delights called 'Stashing Thru The Snow'. If you like mustaches and cute winter characters, then this kit is for you! These svg's gave me a good laugh, I mean seriously, come on a reindeer with a mustache?! A penguin holding a mustache on a stick?! Hilarious and cute! 
 
 
So after being really indecisive on which image I wanted to use for my card, I decided to use the snowman. This card is great for a winter hello or a happy holidays card or just for someone who really loves mustaches. And I'm sure you know at least one trendy person who is into the mustache craze!
 
Supplies:
SCAL3
Embossing Folder - Sizzix Frost (Basic Grey)
Cardstock - polka dot and tree prints from the Be Merry 6x6 paper pad by My Mind's Eye; white, black, orange, grey, light blue solid cardstock
Bling - Pearls in Nightfall by Queen & Co
Twine - Red & White by Doodlebug
Pop Dots
Adhesive
Paper Trimmer
Scorer
Black Ink
How To:
 
First, I imported the Snowman svg at 4.5 inches in height into SCAL3 and then ungrouped the layers. (I didn't choose the svg by layers option because it takes a little longer to resize everything that way. ) I cut out all of the layers in the solid cardstock colors with my eCraft. For the polka dot shadow layer, I took the blue background piece and broke it apart and deleted the snowflake and dots on it, then I clicked to add a shadow layer to the blue background at 4.0. I deleted the blue layer and cut out the shadow layer with my eCraft in the polka dot cardstock.
 
Then I assembled together the snowman, using twine on his top hat and black pearls for his eyes and buttons. I took the Blue background shape and embossed it with the Frost embossing folder in my eBosser. I adhered the blue and white layers together, and then placed the snowman on top of that layer with pop dots. The blue layer was then adhered on top of the polka dot shape with pop dots.
 
For the card base, I took a 12x12 piece of white cardstock and cut it down to 6x12 and scored it down the middle to make a 6x6 card. Then I took a piece of the tree printed cardstock and cut it down to 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 and adhered it to the top of the white card base; then took the snowman and background piece and adhered it on top with some more pop dots. (You know I love pop dots!)
 
 
 
I stamped "Let It Snow" on a piece of 1/2 inch x 2 1/4 inch blue cardstock and adhered it to a piece of polka dot cardstock that was 3/4 inch x 2 1/2 inches. Using 3 layers of pop dots underneath, I then adhered this to the bottom right corner of the tree print cardstock.
 
Have a great Tuesday!
- Kim

1 comment:

  1. The mustached snowman is great I like the design papers you choose to go with him too.

    ReplyDelete