Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Going a little batty....


Bats aren't just for Halloween...

You know I am totally going to wear this necklace during the rest of the year.


As soon as I saw this bat I was in love with it! Look at it! It's creepy and spooky and so unique looking compared to most bats you see.   It's from SVG Cuts Twilight Fairies SVG Collection.

I cut out this svg 4 times at 4 inches wide (hey, I like big necklaces, ok?!)  in black Bazzill cardstock with my Silhouette Cameo. Then I used Mod Podge to glue each layer together, and also a layer of mod podge on the front and back.  Once everything was dry (yes, this was done in stages), I then attached 2 eyelets onto the wings.  Next, I used Glossy Accents on the top and let that dry overnight.  Once that was dry, I added my chain and clasp and voila!  A very batty necklace! 



Thanks for taking a look!

- Kim

1 comment:

  1. Totally impressed. This is so fun.

    I didn't know about SVG cuts before, now you have enabled me to go forth and spend more money. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete