Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Time Flies... - eCraft DT Tuesday

Hi Everyone!
 
 Today's project was made with the awesome eBosser and WorldWin Papers!  WorldWin Papers is our sponsor this month and I've really enjoyed creating projects with their cardstock. I love how beautifully it cuts in the eCraft and eBosser.  And it also embosses great!
 
Sometimes you just need a quick card (which as you know, I am all about because I'm sure I've mentioned it once or twice before!) and the eBosser really helps get this accomplished.  Below is a card I made that really took not a lot of time to make at all.  I am totally loving the vintage yet retro vibe that this card has. The black stripe cardstock reminds me of a vinyl record!  Read on below for a list of supplies and the how to if you want to re-create this for yourself or someone special! =) 


 
Supplies:
-eBosser by Craftwell
-Cardstock: All Cardstock by WorldWin -  High-Gloss Stripes in Black Stripes; Pearlescents Swirl Cardstock in white; Pink and Blue Cardstock
-Embossing folder - Clock by Tim Holtz Alterations/ Sizzix Texture Fades
-Dies: Photo Corners #2 Sizzix Sizzlits; Vintage Market Alphabet by Tim Holtz Alterations/Sizzix
-Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive; Pop Dots
- Scorer and Scoring Board
- Paper Trimmer or eCraft
 
embossing close-up
 
 
How To:

-Take an 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of black stripe cardstock and hold it so that the 11 inches is horizontal.  Score the 11 inch in half at 5 1/2 inches so you now have a 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch card.
 
-Next cut a piece of pink (or blue) cardstock to 4 x 5 inches using your eCraft or paper trimmer. 
Using the eBosser, emboss the pink (or blue) cardstock with the Clock embossing folder by Tim Holtz / Sizzix.  Also, using the eBosser cut out 2 Sets of the Vintage Market Alphabet die by Tim Holtz/Sizzix in the same color cardstock that you used to emboss the clocks (pink or blue) and cut out 4 sets of the Photo Corners #2 Die (by Sizzix Sizzlits) in the Pearlescents Swirl Cardstock in white.
 
-Take your black stripe folded cardstock (with the fold on the left hand side) and glue the embossed clock cardstock in the middle of it about 1 inch from the bottom of the card.  Then for each corner of the embossed paper, glue a photo corner.  (For the pink card I used the fancy swirly photo corner and for the blue card I used the plain photo corner.)  Next take the alphabet you cut out and spell out 'Time Flies'.  Once you have the sentiment laid out on the card to your liking, adhere the letters to the card with pop dots and your card is done!  (Depending on the size of your pop dots you may need to cut them down like I did).
 
  I kept the rest of the letters and the photo corners that I cut but didn't use and stored them in a small scrap box.  They may come in handy if I ever need to make a fast and easy card or if I need them for another project!
 
One of my favorite features of the eBosser is the larger cutting/embossing platform - 8 1/2 x 11.7 inches - which made it really easy for me to use the long Tim Holtz/ Sizzix Alphabet die in this project. The platforms are all the same width and length, which means there are no sets of long and short platforms, so I don't have extra platforms taking up more room in my craft room!  Yay! More room for embossing folders! Lol.
 
 
If you are looking for World Win Papers you can check them out here: www.worldwinpapers.com.

- Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment