Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer Jewelry Gift Box - eCraft Design Team Tuesday

Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone is having a great summer!  Am I the only one that feels like it is flying right by?  I have been itching to make some fun nautical / beachy themed crafts, especially now that I've made this cute jewelry gift box, but I can't seem to find the time. Maybe next week I will have some fun nautical decor ready for all of you.  ;)

 I did find some time to make a necklace for a friend of mine, but I needed a cute gift box to present it in.  Using my eCraft and svg files from Lori Whitlock and SVG Cuts, I created this cute beachy themed jewelry gift box.  Read below for the how to if you want to make one yourself!  



 

Supplies
- eCraft by Craftwell
- SCAL3
- Lori Whitlock "Necklace Box" SVG File
- SVG Cuts - "Wet N Wild" SVG Kit (sand dollar top and bottom; shell top and bottom; starfish top and bottom)
- Echo Park Paper "Paradise Beach" Collection Kit (various patterned cardstock; angel fish stickers)
- We R Memory Keepers - Plain Cardstock in Sand
- Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
- Pop Dots
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye
- Scissors


 

How To:

In SCAL3, I imported Lori Whitlock's "Necklace Box" SVG File.  I used SCAL3 since the file already imports in at the correct size.  Next, I ungrouped the files and moved them to different tabs so I could cut them out in the cardstock colors/patterns I wanted.   I cut out all of the parts of the file (box top, box bottom, insert, necklace holder), except for the Sentiment and top scallop, with my eCraft.  I adhered together the box top and box bottom and folded the insert and placed it into the box.  I placed a pop dot underneath the necklace holder (scallop shape) and attached it onto the box insert. 



Next, I imported the svg's from the "Wet N Wild" SVG Kit by SVG Cuts, (at the following widths: sand dollar top and bottom at 3 inches wide, starfish top and bottom at 2 inches wide, 2 of the shell top and bottom at 1.5 inches wide, 3 of the shell top and bottom at 1 inches wide) and arranged them in seperate tabs so I could cut them out in the cardstock patterns I wanted.  After cutting them out with my eCraft, I inked the edges and started adhering the tops and bottoms together.  For some I used pop dots underneath to add dimension and others I just used Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive to adhere the pieces together and then onto the top of the box.   I took the 2 angel fish stickers from the Echo Park Collection kit and stuck them onto cardstock.  I then fussy cut around the stickers (leaving some cardstock as an outline) with my scissors and adhered them to the top of the box using pop dots.

Just add your necklace to the inside scallop shape and your gift is ready to give! 



Hope you enjoyed this tutorial! If you have questions/comments please leave them below.

Have a great day!
- Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment