Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Koi Fish Circle Box - eCraft DT Tuesday

- eCraft Design Team Tuesday -

As soon as I saw the gorgeous papers in "Spring Fling" from Glimpses by Signify Pink, I knew I wanted to use my Koi Fish stamps with them. By now you know that I love to make gift boxes, but they don't always have to be used for a gift.  You can create and personalize any boxes to store your things in - small craft items, jewelry, hair accessories, pens, etc.

I made a Koi Fish circle box so I can store some of my many bracelets in them. 


Supplies-eCraft
-SCAL3
-Cardstock - Glimpses by Signify Pink "Spring Fling"
-Lori Whitlock - 5.75 inch circle box svg
-SVG Cuts - Porthole SVG Freebie cut out at 5.75 inches wide
-Bombshell Stamps - Lotus Garden Stamps (koi fish)

-Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Tsukineko Memento ink
-Xyron Mega Runner and 5 inch Creative Station-Scissors
- white cardstock
- clear acetate


How To:First, I imported the 5.75 inch circle box into SCAL3 at the size it automatically imports in.  Then I ungrouped the images onto 4 seperate tabs in SCAL3 so I could cut the shapes out in the cardstock patterns I wanted.  After cutting all of the parts of the box out with my eCraft, I inked the edges and put the box together with my Xyron Mega Runner.


I stamped the Koi fish stamps onto plain white cardstock in black ink and colored them in using Tim Holtz distress inks. Using my scissors, I cut out the Koi fish and put them off to the side.

Next I cut out all the parts of the Porthole SVG at 5.75 inches wide.  I also cut out a clear piece of acetate (with scissors) to layer over the blue (water layer) cardstock. Then I adhered the three Koi fish to the blue cardstock and adhered the clear acetate on top. I inked the edges of some of the remaining pieces and then glued the layers together. Once the entire porthole was glued together, I adhered it to the top of the circle box.


If you love the "Spring Fling" line or any of the lines you see used this month by Glimpses by Signify Pink, you will need to act fast!  They have closeout prices and their inventory is going fast. Here's the link for Signify Pink's wholesale - www.signifypinkwholesale.com - and the regular site  www.glimpsesbysignifypink.com.


I hope you enjoyed this project! If you have any questions please ask below in the comments or on the Craftwell Forum.

Have a Happy Tuesday!
- Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment