Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dressform Frame Wall Decor - eCraft Design Team Tuesday

I'm in the process of re-organizing my craft area.  I wish I had a magic wand so that **poof!** everything would magically be organized and cleaned for me!  Since that's not the case, I have been doing a little bit at a time.  I also have been making some new wall/room decor for my craft area!  Today I wanted to share a cute little dressform frame I made. 


 Supplies

-eCraft
-SCAL3
-Cardstock - Glimpses By Signify Pink (Sweetly Chic Twinkled/Baroque My Heart Scrapbook Paper; Sweetly Chic 6x6 Paper Pad; Life's A Party 6x6 Paper Pad)
-SVG Cuts - Spirits of Christmas Past SVG Kit (framed butterflies box; mat; pattern 1 (butterfly))  ; Sew Crafty SVG Kit (dressform from extras folder)
-Twine - Queen & Co
-Xyron Mega Runner
-Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
-Pop Dots


In SCAL3, I imported the framed butterfly box (from SVG Cuts Spirits of Christmas Past) and resized it to 10 1/2 inches wide, ungrouped the butterflies and removed them from the cutting area and cut out the frame with my eCraft in the polka dot paper.  Putting that to the side, I then imported and resized the following in SCAL3 and cut it out with my eCraft- From Spirits of Christmas Past: the mat at 3 1/2 inches (in grey 6x6 paper), Pattern 1 (butterfly) one at 3 1/2 inches wide and one at 2 1/2 inches wide (pink cardstock).  From Sew Crafty SVG Kit: Dressform (in extras folder) at 1 1/2 inches wide in black cardstock.

I then applied my Xyron Mega Runner all over the grey mat cardstock so it was completely covered in adhesive and wrapped the twine all around the rectangle mat.  It's easiest to start from the outside corner edge and just start wrapping all the way around until you reach the middle.  




Next, I assembled the frame, added twine for the hanger, and glued down the twine wrapped cardstock in the middle.  With Pop Dots, I adhered the black dress form to the middle of the twine part of the frame.  I bent the edges of the butterflies wings and adhered the bigger one to the bottom right of the frame and the smaller one to the top left.

 I can't wait until my room is completely done so I can hang this up!


Hope you enjoyed this project!  If you have any questions please leave me a comment below.  I love comments! =)

- Kim


Don't forget to check out the rest of the Craftwell Design Team Projects @ the Craftwell eCraft Blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment