Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Just in Case Birthday Card- eCraft Design Team Tuesday

Happy Tuesday!

When making birthday cards (and any cards really), I usually personalize them to include things I know that the recipient likes.  I love being able to personalize cards because a) I love seeing the reaction of the person I give the card to and b) personalized cards are awesome! Who doesn't like seeing their name on a card or their favorite flower, sport, color, etc?!   Well, lately I have been thinking about what happens when you don't have time to make a personalized card. You don't want to run to the store and buy one because you have an eCraft! You make cards, you don't buy them!  But what if you forgot or don't have time or got caught up in life and need a cool card as soon as possible... So my plan is to start making a 'just in case' stash, just for those times when I need a card and don't have time to make one.


Supplies
eCraft
SCAL3 and circle basic shape
SVG's: SVG Cuts - Happy Birthday To You SVG Kit
Xyron Mega Runner
Stamp: Unity Stamp Company - Party All Day
Ink: Ranger - Archival Ink
Cardstock: Heidi Swapp - Sugar Chic
1 Brad
Rhinestones
1 Pop Dot
Tacky Glue



For The Card:
From The Happy Birthday Card - With your eCraft cut out the Card Base, Tag, and flower at the same widths as per the kit instructions.   Adhere the tag onto the front of the card base.  Assemble the flower with a brad in the center and then adhere the flower on the top left of the card and glue a rhinestone on top of the brad. Cut a 1.75 inch circle with SCAL3 basic shapes and your eCraft.  Stamp the Happy Birthday circle image on top of the circle and ink edges.  When dry, adhere to bottom right of card with a pop dot.  Glue the 5 rhinestones as per the picture.



For the Party Hat:
With your eCraft cut out the party hat at the same width according to the kits instructions.  This party hat was as easy as that!  I was going to add some ribbon and more elements but since the cheetah print is such a busy pattern, I didn't.  I really like the simplicity of this hat - it's simple and cute and it makes a great 'little something extra' to give with a birthday card!


Hope you liked this project!  I'm excited to start building up my 'just in case' stash of birthday and event cards. This cute card and party hat are my latest additions!

So do you have some 'just in case' cards that you made?!  I'd love to know! Please leave a comment below, all comments are appreciated and yes, I do read them!

Have a great day!

- Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment